Private Tour: Aboe Simbel per minibus vanuit Aswan
As one of the few ancient Egyptian sites which largely escaped damage by past invaders, the interiors of Abu Simbel's temples are astounding. The scale of the buildings and their detailed decoration leaves most visitors in awe. The temples' attraction is further enhanced by their scenic location on the edge of Lake Nasser in the orange sands of the desert.
After visiting the temples there may be time for a short visit to the small visitor's center which documents the UNESCO relocation project, before returning to the minibus for the drive back to Aswan. The drive is approximately three hours each way.
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel/port pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Our guide was not very knowledgeable and was unable to answer our questions clearly, always giving blurry answers. Guide and driver were not very welcoming either. I’d recommend choosing another tour agency to go to Abu Simbel. And make sure to leave Aswan at 3:45am and not later (they’ll try to push the time many many times) because the earlier you get there the least tourists.
My son characterized this exhibit as the Mount Rushmore of Egypt. He is correct. This is a amazing tour and the statues are along the back of a breathtaking lake. The whole scene is quite picturesque. ** It is a long commute from Aswan to Abu Simbel. 3 hours + / - You drive through the desert with a caravan of other tour vehicles for safety. Bring water and borrow the pillow from your hotel room :-)
The trip was great experience