Klimmen op de Auckland Harbour Bridge
When you’re suited up, follow your guide along custom-engineered walkways that lead to the summit of the bridge, which stands 200 feet (67 meters) above the water. Along the way, your guide points out engineering features and shares interesting facts about the construction and history of Auckland’s iconic bridge.
See the span from underneath and above during the climb, with regular stops to soak up amazing views of Auckland and Waitemata Harbour. Your guide helps you to identify landmarks in the Auckland skyline as you take in the spectacular sight of the city from this perspective. Also, your tour stops at the bungy jump platform where you get a great vantage point to watch the bungy jumpers take the plunge.
Your walk follows the gently curved arches of the bridge, for an easy climb that is suitable for a range of ages and fitness levels. Each person is clipped into a safety rail for added security. The provided outerwear keeps you warm and dry in all types of weather.
After about 1.5 hours and a memorable experience of the Auckland Harbour Bridge, you return to the bridge climb office to wrap up your tour.
- Bridge Climb
- Professional guide
- Authentic Bridge Climb cap
- Souvenir certificate
- Pickup and drop-off from central location
- All safety equipment, including overalls
- Warm and wet weather gear
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- DVD and souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 7 years. Children 14 and under need to be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum of 77 pounds (35kg), maximum 330 pounds (150kg)
- Minimum height is 4 feet (1.2 meters)
- Complimentary transfers from Viaduct Harbour must be pre-booked and should be advised at time of booking
- No cameras (including video), mobile phones or binoculars are permitted on the bridge at any time during the climb. Your guide will take photos available for purchase upon conclusion of your trip
- All climbers must wear flat, closed footwear
- Cruise Ship passengers - note the tour departs from the Maritime Museum, only a couple of metres from the cruise ship terminal
We had a very nice time on the walk with a very nice guide. Worth doing to see Auckland as you never would.
I really enjoyed all aspects of the Bridge Climb, from the history of it's engineering to the final walk of the across the arch. The view of the city and habour is spectacular as well.
It's not Sydney Harbour Bridge so don't expect the same experience There is a long walk to the arch and you are quite close to the traffic The organisation and guide were excellent It may be best to walk back via the boardwalk as the courtesy bus isn't very regular
The bridge climb was great fun. We had great views of Auckland and the history of the bridge and its construction was surprisingly interesting!!
Wonderful experience and what a beautiful view of Auckland
Enjoyed this walk,the guide was knowledgeable and put everyone at ease ,worth doing
Great fun. I'm not the fittest and thought it might be really tiring, but it wasn't. Very gentle climb, not very steep. Did not feel at all nervous or anxious at all as you are so well secured to rail the whole time. We watched a bungy jump off bridge at close range, which was awesome. A great experience which I'd highly recommend.